Wednesday, October 12, 2016

A Fatal Decision

While on a recent fishing trip I watched as a butterfly landed atop the water.  Here this beautiful creature lay becoming saturated with water to the point of its inability to escape the situation.  I am no expert on butterflies, but I do know that they are unable to fly once their wings become saturated with water.  As I watched this deadly phenomenon unfold I wondered what would cause a butterfly to make  such a fatal decision?  I do not know.  Perhaps I witnessed this scene taking place to bring about an awareness that every decision we make has the potential to become fatal during a survival situation.
Dead Butterfly, Butterfly on Water, Butterfly Truman Lake
Butterfly Dead On The Water

Any time a decision arises, we must be careful to choose the right path.  Although we may get lucky from time to time, carelessly and haphazardly making a decision during an emergency situation can lead to dire consequences or even death.  Don't make a deadly decision like the butterfly.  Ensure that you have the best outcomes for any given situation by taking the time to think through the possible results of your impending actions.

-Prepare today, Survive tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment